I have only two regrets in life. One being the over plucking of my brows as a teenager in the 90's. My grandmother warned me that I would regret it and my mother told me they'd never grow back. As much as I hate to admit it, they were right.
It never really bothered me until recently when bold brows started appearing everywhere! Since I am not one to turn away from a beauty trend I figured I would try it out.
I wish I could say it was a success but instead I looked like an angry cartoon character. My boyfriend cringed every time he saw me filling them in and I couldn't stop staring at the strange person in the mirror. Thankfully, I don't give up easily and love to practice new beauty routines. Now, I have it down pat and even get compliments on my brows!
I have yet to purchase any brow products since I have such an array of eyeshadows and pencils so I don't have any product recommendations. However, I do have some tips...
1. While it's personal preference, I've found that the powder looks more natural than the pencil.
2. Start in the middle of your brow and work towards the outer corner of your eye. Then, do the inner corner of the brow but with a lighter hand.
3. Place the powder or pencil on the brow hairs NOT the skin under the brow hairs. That is what will make you look cartoonish.
4. Start with a lighter color and build the color as needed. I am currently using a brown eyeshadow with a slight red tone which looks amazing with dark lashes and light pink lips.
5. Most importantly...practice, practice, practice until you find a shade and technique that works for you!